Issue: Senior Residents
SUPPORTING AND ENGAGING THE SENIORS OF TRUMBULL PLATFORM
Preamble: First Selectman candidate Vicki Tesoro and Team Tesoro believe our town has a responsibility to engage and support all of our residents. Over eighteen percent of our town is 65 years of age or older. We are proud that many of these have lived most, if not all, of their lives here, raising families, building businesses, and growing our community.
Our plan: Team Tesoro commits to engaging seniors in town through community offerings that support their needs and provide expanded experiences. Team Tesoro will:
- Consult with seniors, both formally and informally, to gather their input on the programs and services currently offered, as well as what they would like to see added.
- Research varied tax relief and deferral programs and inform seniors of their options and choices.
- Add senior appointments to town commissions and committees, where appropriate, to allow for their input and perspectives.
- Assemble our EMS, police, health department, and social services staff to identify the health and safety needs of our seniors, and implement educational programs to support and assist them.
- Work with the Trumbull Library to expand lecture series, movie screenings, and book clubs for seniors.
- Provide opportunities for our seniors to enjoy our youth arts programs by organizing performances and events with our choral, band and theatre groups.
- Expand our outreach to seniors so they are aware of the Town’s programs and services.
- Review options for a Senior Center.
Team Tesoro values our seniors and wants them to thrive in Trumbull. We will engage our seniors, learn from them, and provide opportunities for them to participate in the life of our community. As First Selectman, Vicki Tesoro will actively support our seniors in Trumbull and be responsive to their needs.
Vote for Vicki Tesoro for First Selectman. VickiforTrumbull.com
Vote for Team Tesoro. Trumbulldemocrats.org
# # #